Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Everyday Blessings


A blog post by Chelsea Graham, Fall 2011

Oh the simple joys of life! I am sitting outside the Kartause right now with the sun shining down on me, surrounded by beauty. Other students are running around doing last minute things before their weekend trips, while about everyone else is just relaxing for the afternoon….

This past week has been incredible. I didn’t travel last weekend so I would be able to travel this weekend without getting too behind on studying for midterms.  I don’t have any crazy stories to tell you about train rides or foreign countries, but soon I will! This weekend I’m going the Netherlands, and I’m meeting my older sister there (she is studying abroad in France) and we’re going to stay with our family there.

This past week the Lord decided to bless me in so many ways. A friend and I decided to be each other’s accountability partners, and I think that is exactly what I need. We’re going to hold each other accountable for journaling daily, doing a holy hour together each week, and we’re going to goon a “date” once a week. I am so excited to see where this relationship leads me, with Christ and also with my friend. I think, for me, this the best way to get the most out of my Austria experience.

On top of that, I went to confession this week. I’ll be completely honest with you: Reconciliation is not my favorite sacrament, but one that is necessary. After visiting the Divine Mercy Shrine in Poland, going to confession is so much easier for me. Not only is Christ willing to forgive us for our sins, but he wants to! He wants to flood us with his mercy! For the past few years, David Crowder Band’s, “How He Loves Us” has been one of my favorite songs, but the lyrics, “If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking,” now have an even deeper meaning, because it is so true.

Also, October is Our Lady of the Rosary month and the month for the Unborn, so we have made a commitment to praying the rosary everyday and together as often as possible. I am really excited about this, because I truly believe that through prayer and the intercession of Our Lady, so many things can happen.
On top of all that, I got a package from home and a card from my household sisters back on campus, and the weather has been beautiful! I don’t think a week can get much better, and I’m ending by seeing family!!
  
So thank God for his many blessings this week, for those extraordinary and those that come to us in the ordinary events of daily life.  Don't take life for granted for with a closer look, we all have things to be thankful for and blessings that come our way.  

No comments: