Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Meet your Male RD - Adam White

I was born on February 28, 1981 in Waterville, Maine, baptized shortly thereafter, and was apostate within a year. My parents, earnest Catholics themselves, eagerly seeking what they thought to be the true Christian faith, finally succumbed to the pressure and scrutiny of their more biblically literate, protestant friends. Eventually I chose to attend Gordon College, a non-denominational (but strongly Evangelical) college located on the north shore of Boston. During my senior year at Gordon I was given a great grace, one which opened my eyes to the Catholic faith. After attending an Anglican Church in downtown Boston and experiencing "high church" liturgy, I was transfixed. As I began to investigage more seriously the history of the Church and to read the stories of others who had "converted", I began to feel the inexorable hand of God drawing me towards the Roman Catholic Church. A friendship with Dr. Thomas Howard, noted author and convert, was the last straw, as it were. About one year after graduating from Gordon College, I was formally received (Confirmed) in the Catholic Church. Eventually I found myself studying in a little "East meets West" graduate theology program, known as the International Theological Institute, located in a 14th century monastery in Austria. After two years as an ITI student I became well acquainted with Franciscan University of Steubenville's Gaming program, and after graduating from the ITI in 2006 I was hired by FUS as a Residence Director. I consider it a great honor to be a part of the Franciscan University community, and look forward to another year of service in Gaming.

Adam White

No comments: