Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reflections on the Spring 2010 semester: A few months Later



Trish Irvine, who wrote for the blog in the Spring 2010 semester, wrote me the other day. Part of her e-mail is below, in which she reflects on her past experience of the Gaming semester:

"Over the past few days I have thinking about all of the blessings I have received recently, through my semester in Austria and my summer doing Totus Tuus. There is so much about Austria that I love and miss. I made some new friends in Austria but it was mostly the growing deeper in friendship with my previous friends that I will remember. That semester was one of so much beauty. Beauty in people, in creation, in God....

....Sometimes when I think about all I experienced, I am amazed and slightly doubtful. I don't want to claim yet that it was my best semester (I hope there are wonderful semesters yet to come) but I will say it was life-changing, life-enriching. I grew in what it means to be Catholic and now there are places around the world that have pieces of my heart. If I hadn't been to Europe I don't think I would care as much or be as interested in it as I am now. When the president of Poland died, it was more real to me because I had been there, I had experienced part of the culture.....

.....This turned into a longer e-mail than I expected, but I just wanted to thank you and let you know that Gaming is very much on my mind. Now perhaps even more so than when I returned. It seems odd to not be in such a close-knit community and eat at the Mensa. But I know God will be working in my life here as well; He made it clear in Totus Tuus that He is equally in the US as in Europe.



No comments: