Google Search

Google
 

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sophia from China reflects on the Rome & Assisi Pilgrimage

One of the Language and Catechetical (LCI) students from China named Sophia composed a "Thank You" note regarding the recent school pilgrimage to Rome & Assisi.

I have left the letter "as-is" so the syntax and grammar isn't perfect, but it's pretty remarkable after such short study of the English Language.

These few paragraphs are very moving as it is evident her very depths were touched by the Lord in these places....
__________________________

Thanks be to God for helping this pilgrimage ‘’Rome and Assisi trip’’ and traveled safely. Thanks LCI program and our benefactors and Franciscan University and also the priests, all the people who are praying for LCI, there are too many people I am deeply grateful.

I enjoyed every moment during this pilgrimage, it is the most amazing moment I’ve ever had. My heart lost in Rome and Assisi.

By looking forward to this pilgrimage for ages, dream became true; I remember before we left, I was so excited, not only did I bring my own wishes and prayer, but also my parents and my siblings’. They were excited as me.

That was we just arrive in Rome, we couldn’t wait to go to St. Peter’ Basilica and Square. I was shocked, incredible exterior of St. Peter’ Basilica and huge Square. I prayed in the before the Altar of St. Joseph, for China, for the people who doesn’t know Jesus; for LCI program and all the kind benefactors, etc. The next days, we followed the tour, visited many famous churches, every detail was gripping, especially the day we saw Pope, even it was a little bit boring, because most the time the language I couldn't understand, but the most gripping moment is Pope gave the blessing. And also, the most favorite part, the ''Holy Steps'', Which is Jesus met Pilot; when I knelled down every steps, I was deeply touched, how God loves us; he was really became man, was stepping these steps, for our salvation, was crucified, totally give himself to us, therefore bring us new life.

I won't forget the day in Assisi, the birth place of Francis, the moment he gave back his father everything he had, money even his clothes in the street and said :''I am on longer call you father, but rather 'Our Father who art in heaven'. Francis, such a good example for us, give up his rich family and ''rebuilt God' Church''. There is a French author said:'' The saddest thing in the world is not to be a saint.''

My family is waiting for me to tell them all about this Rome and Assisi trip, I will show them the pictures and tell them all my experience. Tell them the story about Francis, about St. Peter' tomb, catacombs etc.

Of course, the pizza is my favorite food in Rome, it is so delicious. I wish I could make it for all of you.

No comments: