Google Search

Google
 

Monday, January 25, 2010

An example to emulate

For all the readers of this blog, we are getting some new assistants hired and so the posts have been a little behind schedule. It should take us a few more days to launch and I can promise more regular posts from now on.

But for now, I thought I would share a story that was passed on to me the other day about Grant Desme, a 23-year-old minor league outfielder in Oakland's system, is retiring from baseball to follow a calling into the Catholic priesthood.



Said Desme on a Friday afternoon conference call:


"I'm doing well in baseball. But I had to get down to the bottom of things, to what was good in my life, what I wanted to do with my life. Baseball is a good thing, but that felt selfish of me when I felt that God was calling me more. It took awhile to trust that and open up to it and aim full steam toward him ... I love the game, but I'm going to aspire to higher things."

You can read the entire (short) story here:

No comments: