Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Student Reflection


It is hard to believe that a person can experience so much in two weeks. Just a little over two weeks ago, I ventured to Gaming, Austria, for what I was told would be the semester of my life. I came excited, nervous, expectant, and unsure of the road ahead. I was venturing into unfamiliar territory. I did not know the language, how to use the Eurail pass, the people I would spend the semester with, or whom I would travel with around Europe. I had many uncertainties.

I guess some of these uncertainties remain, I still do not speak German and I have no idea how to use my Eurail pass! However, what I have experienced in my short time abroad has made me so excited for the road ahead.

We have visited a few cities here in Austria: Melk, Vienna, Salzburg and of course Gaming. We visited the homeland of Pope Benedict XVI—Munich, Germany. In all these experiences I have thought that it could not get any better, but I continued to be amazed by the richness of our faith and the vastness of our world. God has satisfied my heart in ways that I was not even aware I was hungry. I am excited to see the rest of the semester to unfold.


Post written by: Emily Kovar, Spring 2008

No comments: